RACGP says urgent action is required to ramp up Indigenous vaccination rates; Victoria records 14 Covid deaths and 1,003 new cases; NSW records 216 cases and three deaths; international students to return to Victoria by the end of the year, Scott Morrison says; accused drug trafficker Mostafa Baluch captured; Labor dismisses Morrison government’s plans for $500m low emissions fund as ‘all spin and politics’ – follow all the day’s news
- Low emissions technology to receive $500m boost, including carbon capture and storage
- Five reasons NSW Covid case numbers have stayed low since reopening
- Vaccine rollout tracker; Cases and data tracker
- NSW Covid restrictions; Victoria restrictions
- Victoria vaccination rate map; NSW vaccination rates map
Prime minister Scott Morrison is speaking this morning at the Victorian chamber of commerce, where he is making it clear that Australia won’t be heading back into rolling, month-long lockdowns as long as he can help it.
Accused Sydney drug smuggler and fugitive Mostafa Baluch has been re-captured after more than two weeks on the run.