Leo Varadkar hits back at Boris Johnson’s former adviser after he says UK government always planned to ditch parts of the agreement
- Cummings says UK always intended to ditch NI protocol
- EU ready to scrap most post-Brexit checks on British goods
- Minister: Felixstowe backlog improving so shop normally for Christmas
- What next for the Northern Ireland protocol?
- Boris Johnson painting on holiday – but is the image too convenient?
Last night Katya Adler, the BBC’s Europe editor, posted an interesting thread on Twitter on the row about the Northern Ireland protocol. It starts here.
And she suggests a Swiss-style compromise might offer a way forward on the European court of justice issue.