Latest updates: Cop26 president all but confirms talks will continue past today’s 6pm deadline
- Coal phaseout remains in draft but some language softened
- Hundreds of global civil society representatives walk out in protest
- The changes to the Cop26 draft text and what they mean
- Visual guide: how has Cop changed the dial on climate crisis?
- Cop targets too weak to stop disaster, say Paris trio
My colleague Fiona Harvey says it is a surprise and a positive step that the coal phaseout has remained in the document at all, and that the fact it has remained in the draft is a positive step.
Paragraph 62 in the second draft is new:
62. Also acknowledges the important role of a broad range of stakeholders at the local, national and regional level, including indigenous peoples and local communities, in averting, minimizing and addressing loss and damage associated with the adverse effects of climate change;