- Democrats unveil new billionaires’ tax plan to help pay for Biden agenda
- Biden’s Saudi deal contradicts policy on ‘offensive’ weapons, critics say
- Manchin pushes for climate cuts as West Virginia battered by crisis
- Biden condemns ‘acolyte of Trump’ in crucial Virginia governor’s race
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
According to a summary of Democrats’ proposed billionaire tax, the policy would impact about 700 taxpayers and raise hundreds of billions of dollars.
“Working Americans like nurses and firefighters pay taxes with every paycheck, while billionaires defer paying taxes for decades, if not indefinitely,” reads the summary, which was released by Democratic Senator Ron Wyden’s office.